Wednesday 15 October 2014

First day nerves.

I take photos, that is my job, my passion bla bla bla. I don't really want this blog to be about that, It would get really dull. I am a husband, daddy, son, brother and friend, I am pretty healthy, reasonably happy and quite content. Just a chap making a living and enjoying his life. I get to do some great things, meet some lovely people and have some mini adventures. I don't really want this blog to be about that either.

I will just say the one photo that made me look differently about photography is the one below. Meg Ryan by Mario Testino. Girl next door, cute actress in some pretty mainstream movies suddenly made to look completely different, it made me think.



I want this blog to be about whatever I want to write about, I find I have a head full of stuff that never gets heard, I'm hoping that once it's out there some people may just find it interesting. I hope that some things I find interesting and share some of you may find it interesting as well. I have just used the word interesting several times, I had better make this interesting. I want to engage with you, point you in the direction of amazing articles, incredible artists and share views about the world, the beautiful world and the world that is frustrating and sad. I don't know who is going to find these words in a planet full of noise. I guess it goes back to making this interesting.

I do love talking about photography and will incorporate that as much as I can, I teach photography and am very proud of that, I have seen the how people look at the work they produce after it has been critiqued by me. It is amazing to make a difference, share knowledge, share ideas and share the passion. It really does make a difference when you do that and I have come across photographers who do and many who don't share what they know. You can guess which ones have a fuller order book.

I never want to preach and if I come across that way then please comment. All I want to do is create a place where I can get my ideas out, share others ideas I like and maybe have a debate, maybe even make a difference. You never know where these things may end.








6 comments:

  1. that was interesting :D I'm excited to see what you're going to come up with :) Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I didn't even realize that was Meg Ryan! Wow. I am not fortunate enough to call photography my job (yet). Blogging should be for you first and foremost, so I look forward to seeing what you find interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love Your Style!! Great Intro!! Look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post and thinking I should re-write mine to be more like it. It's real and I like that. Welcome to the girl club! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking the time to read and to comment. The first thing I thought of this morning was 'crikey my dog is being noisy' and then I thought about writing my blog today. I am looking forward to day 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's amazing to share what you know. My boyfriend is a keen photographer but he's always a bit frightened to make it anything more than a hobby.
    http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete